Monday, May 30, 2011

But Ah Ah Those Summer Nights...... in Istanbul

I have rectified my ignorance of Turkish food. I loaded myself down with my camera, a wad of Turkish Lira, and my sweater (it gets pleasantly cool here at night), and I took to the streets to locate myself some dinner. I passed some posh looking cafés and instead chose to go to the delightfully cheap corner take-away stand, which, at 10:30pm Turkish time had all of their little tables PACKED – good sign. Do not ask me what I ate. I can’t pronounce it much less remember what it’s called, but it was AMAZING. It was some kind of sandwich with chicken and what looked like slaw but tasted like a smiley face in my stomach. I wish the picture had come out more clearly, but I devoured it before I had a chance to take a second shot.



I did, however, manage to snap a few good ones of the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque on the way back to my hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment